What is a Digital Signature Certificate (DSC)?
The Information Technology Act, 2000 provides for use of Digital Signatures on the documents submitted in electronic form in order to ensure the security and authenticity of the documents filed electronically. This is the only secure and authentic way that a document can be submitted electronically. As such, all filings done by the companies under MCA21 e-Governance programme are required to be filed with the use of Digital Signatures by the person authorised to sign the documents.
To renew or apply for a new DSC, you need to:
- Print the form
- Affix a recent passport size photograph and sign across the photograph.
- Fill the rest of the form.
- Sign on the second page in the space provided.
- Self attest copy of your Identity Proof (PAN/Driver’s Licence/Voter ID)
- Self attest copy of proof of address